Terms & Conditions
The T’s & C’s of booking.
Bury Jubilee Outdoor Pursuits Centre.
Greenside Hostel, Glenridding, Cumbria.
General Conditions of Hire
- The hire period shall be between the hours and days stated on the form headed “Confirmation of Use and Final Receipt” issued by the Booking Secretary on behalf of the Management Committee and The Trustees of the centre.
- The hirer undertakes that the hire period will not be exceeded.
- In the event of the hire period being exceeded, the hirer accepts that there will be an additional charge which may include compensation payable to other hirers who have been inconvenienced.
- The hirer understands the arrangements for the collection and return of keys and that, once the keys have been collected, the hire period will be deemed to continue until the keys are returned.
- During the hire period, the hirer and party leader will be jointly and severally responsible for any damage to the centre or its fitments and fittings (excepting fair wear and tear) and shall indemnify the Management Committee from all or any cost of repair or replacement, wholly or partially, caused by such damage.
- The hirer and party leader will ensure that all members of their party observe the Centre rules at all times and act accordingly.
- Neither the Trustees nor the Management Committee, its officers and members, shall be responsible or liable at law for any of the following:
- any loss suffered by anyone arising from any failure on the part of the hirer to comply with the prescribed arrangements for collection of the keys.
- the failure of any or all of the services at the centre, whether water, electricity, gas, fuel oil or drains.
- any loss or damage whatsoever that occurs within the centre, save for death or bodily injury caused by the negligence of the Trustees, the Committee, its officers or agents.
- any activities undertaken by user groups and has no insurance cover for such activities.
- Neither the Trustees nor the Committee nor its officers or agents shall owe any duty of care towards any persons in their pursuance of any outdoor activity whatsoever and will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered thereby.
- Both the hirer and the party leader will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety, at all times, of any persons using the centre during the period of hire. This includes any period of time when users are on the premises before or after the hours agreed at the time of booking.
- The total cost of hire will normally be paid in two parts. It is a condition of the acceptance of the booking that the hirer pay a specified deposit within 10 days of the provisional booking; failing this, the booking will be deemed null and void. The balance shall be paid 5 weeks before the date of arrival. In the event of the balance not being paid, the deposit will be forfeit as is normal in a breach of contract. In the event of a cancellation occurring in the 5 week period before the arrival date, the balance of payment will also be forfeit, except in very special circumstances and at the discretion of the committee.
- Provisional bookings may be made by email or telephone but are confirmed only after a completed booking form and deposit have been received. These should reach the Booking Secretary within 10 days of their initial booking enquiry.
- The Booking Secretary, Trustees and Committee reserve the right to refuse to accept any particular booking without explanation.
- Deposits for weekends and other short bookings are £100 and £250 for bookings of 7 nights or more. Bookings deposits are non-refundable. Please see the single exception to this rule in para. 18 below.
- Where a booking includes either a Friday or Saturday night, the hirer will be charged for the whole weekend.
- Charges are for exclusive use of all facilities. Hirers will be held responsible for damage/breakages or additional cleaning.
- Unless confirmed otherwise by the Booking Secretary, the arrival times and departure times must be adhered to. For mid-week and weekends arrival time is 4.00pm. Departure times are 12.00pm for mid-week bookings and 4.00pm on Sundays.
- On departure, the hirer is to ensure the Centre is left clean and tidy, including sweeping the floors. The Committee reserves the right to refuse future bookings from the hirer or any other member of the booking party should the Centre not be left clean and tidy.
Impact of COVID on Hire:
- It is currently expected that social distancing restrictions will be lifted for 21 Jun 21. Should the Government not lift these restrictions or reimpose restrictions on social gatherings or travel – a full refund of any monies paid including the deposit will be given to the hirer.
- Where the hirer must cancel the booking, due for example being unable to travel due to COVID positive tests, the deposit is non-refundable. Any balance (minus the deposit) that has been paid will be refunded. Bookings can be transferred within the same calendar year where availability exists, but cannot be transferred to the following calendar year.
- It is a legal COVID requirement to keep a record (name and contact details) of every visitor (over the age of 16) to the Centre, and if requested to pass these details to NHS Track and Trace. The hirer shall complete the booking form with all contact details of those over 16 yrs old.
- For bookings from 21 Jun 21 there is an additional charge of £40 levied in addition to the cost of hiring the Centre for additional COVID sanitising requirements. Failure to pay this additional charge will nullify your booking.
- If the hirer develops or a member of the party develops symptoms prior to the stay or is asked to self-isolate, the NHS guidance must be followed in this respect and the individual / party (as determined by NHS guidance) must not travel under any circumstances.
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring all members of the booking party have private means of transport to return home if they or a member of the booking party develop COVID symptoms whilst at the Centre – extended stays cannot be accommodated.
- Both the hirer and leader must be responsible adults who accept the “conditions” given above for the full period of their booking.
Please see HERE for the privacy notice relating to information collected on the booking form.